How to use this forum

Important messages about the use of this forum. This section was last amended on 10 August 2012.

How to use this forum

by Christoph Heuer » 18.01.2008, 20:24

Hello everyone and welcome to TMS Crich forum!

In case you are unfamiliar with the use of internet forums here is some help on how to use this (and other) forums.

Reading messages
Well, there is not much to say about reading, since you found this message and got the idea how to read the forum. All replies are in chronolocial order, so some replies may refer to another reply some lines above. If you wish to view new posts since your last visit only, please log in and click on "View posts since last visit" in the top right hand corner". This function is only available for registered users.

Registration
In order to be able to write in this forum you have to register. Please use the link "Register" at the right of the top row right below the headline.
You will have to give yourself a user name which can be your real name or any nickname you like. Please do not use a nickname which is the real name of another living person or existing company or a nickname which can be confused with another user, say "Blackpool40" without a space when there is a "Blackpool 40" with a space. Please avoid initials if they can be mistaken for another person or company, such as TMS, BBC, BMW.
Please give a valid email address when registering. If I receive an error message when I try to send the welcome message, I will not activate your account.
You can choose a password at your discretion. Even I will not know the password. If you ever forget the password, you can ask for a new temporary password. Please choose you password carefully, I recommend a password containing letters and numbers and not shorter than six characters.
There are two questions to be answered which were introduced to prevent registrations by so-called spam bots, programmes which register at forums to send spam messages, more often than not promoting sexual enhancement drugs. If you have problems with these questions, please contact me or simply try again.
If you are a member of the TMS, please reply to the initial "Welcome" email and give your real name, membership number and ideally a scan or photograph of your current membership card.
After completing the registration form, simply click the "Submit" button at the bottom.
You will receive two automatically generated emails, one to confirm that you have asked for registration and a second to inform you that your account has been activated. You may get a third one, if I have any questions.

Once your account has been activated, you can log in using the link "Log in" right below the link "Register". If you tick the box "Log me on automatically each visit", you will only have to key in you username and password once. This feature will only work, if you have cookies enabled.

Writing a new message
Please use the button "New topic" which is on the left hand side above and below the list of subjects in each forum. Once you have written your message, please use the "Preview" button at the bottom of the page to see what your message will look like. You may still alter the text once you have seen the preview. Please avoid typing errors and please be brief. Please think before you send a message. If you are fully satisfied with your text, click the "Submit" button an the bottom of the page and your message will be visible immediately.

Replying to a message
Open the message by clicking on the subject line and use the "post reply" button right next to the "new topic" button. If you wish to quote a message by someone else, please use the "quote" button on the right hand side at the top of each meassage. If you quote a message, please shorten it to the passages to which you refer and put "(...)" where you deleted something.

Editing a message
There is a button "Edit" at the top of messages you have written on the right. You can edit messages you have written, but please do not edit a message once there has been a reply or even a quote, in order to keep the thread understandable for other readers. Please post a correction instead or ask me to remove the thread if it becomes too embarrasing for you.

Editing your profile
You can access and alter your settings including your password by clicking onto "Profile" on the left hand side of the second row below the headline. So save your alterations, please use the "Submit" button at the bottom.

If there are any questions, please use the link "FAQ" on the first row below the headline first. If you can not find the answer there, do not hesitate to either ask the question in the "general" forum or send me an email.

And now...

... have fun.

Christoph Heuer

TMS Crich forum administrator

email: tmscrichadmin (at) arcor.de

These instructions were last amended on 29 January 2008
Christoph Heuer
Administrator

by Advertising » 18.01.2008, 20:24

Advertising

Return to Please read this first