Our museum on wikipedia

Our museum on wikipedia

by Christoph Heuer » 18.01.2008, 22:44

Hello,

some of you may have had a look at the wikipedia entry for the museum and the list of tramcars here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramcars_o ... way_Museum

I edited the entry only to realise, that the edit was undone shortly after.

I believe, that a car "In service" can be commissioned without major work being done, even though the car currently enjoys one or more rest years. A car "on display" would be a car which needs a restoration before it can re-enter service.

Thus Blackpool 49 and Prague 180 would be "on display", and I am not sure about the current thinking about LCC 106 and 1282.

What do you think?

Kind regards

Christoph
Christoph Heuer
Administrator

by Advertising » 18.01.2008, 22:44

Advertising

RE:Our museum on Wikipedia

by bluegoblin7 » 21.01.2008, 20:34

Hello happy people of the TMS forum!

Perhaps I should clarify, as I "conceived" the page!

For an "In Service" tram, it should NOT be in the workshop (EXCEPT when it is be checked for service or the frequent checks), and operable at the drop of a hat.

For a "Out of Service" tram, it should be either currently in the works (such as 1297/106), or in the depot about to receive works (166). Trams under restoration should not be out of service

Trams "on Display" are either inoperable, unrestored, or have some other fault preventing them from being temporarily out of service. Trams such as 1282 (I belive this has been out of service for a few years now), 35, 1 (all the 1s) etc fall into this.

The others, such as Works Car, In Store, Under Restoration etc should be pretty straight forward!

Oh, and may I just mention a better and more up-to-date version, complete with FactFiles on some of the cars, is available at http://train.spottingworld.com/National%20Tramway%20Museum!

Thanks,

BG7
bluegoblin7

by gprior » 27.01.2008, 23:05

I would say you would probably have three categories of trams (well that's how I do it on my site anyway!)

In Service
Out of Service (i.e. undergoing work in the workshops or just recently failed but work likely to take place soon)
On Display

Gareth
gprior

Return to Archive